August 26, 2019
Have you ever tasted royal golden milk with mesmerizing aroma and taste? That is none other than the saffron milk. The saffron milk mixed with crushed nuts can make your day special. Read the complete recipe of saffron milk and try it in your home. Before going to the recipe, let me share some interesting facts about the saffron. Our ancient history indicates Cleopatra as the most beautiful woman in the world. She was said to bathe in saffron-infused mare’s milk before seeing a suitor
People usually call saffron is the 24-karat gold of spice. From the ancient period to today’s digital world the demand for saffron never decreases. It has been used in many industries like food, medicine, and cosmetics, etc. The major producer of saffron is Iran and this country is also called as the motherland of saffron. The global market size for saffron was valued at around USD 645.9 million in 2015 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12.0% over the forecast period due to its increased use in food applications.
Saffron Milk Recipe
Preparation time: 15 – 20 minutes
Serving: 1 Person
- 1.5 cups of milk (Full Cream Milk)
- 5 – 8 threads of saffron (Premium super negin saffron)
- Finely chopped almonds, pistachios, and cashew
- ¼ tsp of cardamom powder
- Coconut sugar for sweetness (as required)
- Note: There are plenty of saffron milk recipe but if want to make an authentic special recipe you should use full-cream milk and premium super negin saffron. Because these two ingredients give you a special flavor and a unique consistency. You can buy premium super negin saffron from Qaenat.
Making Procedure of saffron milk:
Take milk in a saucepan and heat it in full flame. Wait until the milk boils and reduce the flame to medium.
Now add the coconut sugar, saffron threads, and cardamom powder to the milk and allow it to boil for 12 minutes in medium flame.
Now you can find the milk turns to royal golden color. And now add the chopped almonds, pistachios and cashew to the milk and let the milk boils for 5 minutes in low flame. Stir randomly.
You can find the milk is thickened and the quantity of milk reduced. Garnish with some chopped nuts, rose petals and saffron threads and now the milk is ready to serve.